Go beyond syntax highlighting and autocomplete with IntelliSense, which provides smart completions based on variable types, function definitions, and imported modules.
Print statement debugging is a thing of the past.
Debug code right from the editor. Launch or attach to your running apps and debug with break points, call stacks, and an interactive console.
Git commands built-in.
Working with Git and other SCM providers has never been easier. Review diffs, stage files, and make commits right from the editor. Push and pull from any hosted SCM service.
Extensible and customizable.
Want even more features? Install extensions to add new languages, themes, debuggers, and to connect to additional services. Extensions run in separate processes, ensuring they won’t slow down your editor.
There are a number of updates in this version that we hope you will like, some of the key highlights include:
- Rename preview – See pending renames in a diff view and easily accept or reject changes.
- Open editors limit – Set the maximum number of editors open at one time.
- Panel placement – Move the panel (Output, Terminal) to the left, right, or below the editor.
- Folded code highlighting – Quickly find folded regions with new background highlight.
- Debug Console improvements – Syntax highlighting, bracket matching, input history.
- Define global tasks – Per user tasks can be used across all your folders and workspaces.
- Java extension updates – Java support for Data Breakpoints and Call Hierarchy view.
- Remote Development – New Forwarded Ports view for mapping SSH and Containers ports.
- New Containers tutorials – Learn how to create and deploy Docker containers.
- Preview features – First looks at the Timeline view, Search editor, semantic highlighting, and more.