Moreover SyMenu can automatically link any application residing on host pc.
Any linked item (SyItem) can be organized in a hierarchical structure with colorful folders and found with the internal search tool.
You can customize SyMenu in a simple and quick way adding links to portable programs, documents, Windows commands, folders and urls. It’s easy to add new SyItem dragging & dropping file from host pc or using the mass importer tool. Linked items can reside on the same USB device or even on host pc ever since SyMenu supports absolute path (such as C:\Windows\Explorer.exe).
These are SyMenu best functionalities:
- Start Search bar: (Windows Vista like) allows to quickly search amongst any SyItem configured on menu;
- Windows Start Menu wrapper: SyMenu exposes through Start Search bar every program linked in host PC Windows Start menu too;
- Extension Manager: allows to temporarly replace normal Windows extension associations with SyMenu custom extension association;
- Autoexec: allows to launch a custom list of SyItems at SyMenu startup or closing.
- Execution modes: Run, RunAs, Open folder and Show Properties.
- Batch Import: allows to make massive imports of new SyItems.
- Breaking change for the update rules of the SPS definitions: the update interval is no more customizable. Now the definitions are forcibly updated every day
- The SPS definitions date is now highlighted in app near to the update button
- The update SPS Definitions button always forces the definition update regardless the last event occurrence
- The SPS grid columns Version, Size, and VirusTotal are no more sortable
- The new command line -ft redefines the SyMenu temp folder overriding the default one (system temp folder)
- The drive enumeration has been speeded up
- The Windows command item now support the .cmd extension too