PeaZip is a free file and archive manager, based on solid and proven Open Source technology of 7-Zip for handling mainstream archive formats, and other great Open Source tools (like FreeARC, PAQ, UPX…) for supporting additional file formats and features, in order to provide an all purpose zip utility featuring a powerful unified GUI that, unlike most of other classic file archivers like i.e. WinZip and WinRar, is natively portable and cross-platform.
PeaZip is mainly written in Free Pascal, using Lazarus. It is free software, released under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License.
Supports 7Z, 7-Zip sfx, ACE, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, CHM, CPIO, DEB, GZ, ISO, JAR, LHA/LZH, NSIS, OOo, PAQ/LPAQ, PEA, QUAD, RAR, RPM, split, TAR, Z, ZIP.
- Zstd 1.4.5
- Various fixes, improved progress bar accurancy for multiple tasks
- Fixed folder sorting, now folders are always grouped before files
- Improved theming, window and toolbar colors can now be customized
- New Graphite, Mocha, and Senape themes with intermediate color tones
- (cross-platform limitation) System-rendered widgetsets are not affected by theme colors as native drawing methods were not bypassed by theme implementation
- (Windows 10 limitation) Dark Mode colors are not passed from system to application, as workaround it is possible to use an High Contrast theme, which passes colors consistent with Dark Mode UI, until a complete API is made available to developers
Extraction and Archiving
- Added support for .zstd extension, as used in compressed cpo in new rpm installers
- (Linux) Updated sfx module for p7zip
A total of 193 file extensions can now be managed by PeaZip.
Translations are available in over than 30 languages, any help is welcome to translate PeaZip to new languages and to maintain current localizations up to date, so please consider taking the time to give a look to translations directory for newer language files and for any resource useful for translators.