This package will help you install the latest Windows Defender definition updates. Windows Defender is a free program that helps protect your computer against pop-ups, slow performance, and security threats caused by spyware and other unwanted software. It features Real-Time Protection, a monitoring system that recommends actions against spyware when it’s detected and minimizes interruptions and helps you stay productive.
How to download and install a Microsoft Windows Defender update:
- Check whether your version of Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit.
- In the table left, click on the link that will work for your version of Windows.
- Save the file to your Desktop.
- When the file has finished downloading, go to your Desktop and double-click the file dowloaded (it will be called win10-mpam-fe-x64.exe, win10-mpam-fe-x86.exe or similar).
- Follow the prompts to install the update.