AxCrypt integrates seamlessly with Windows to compress, encrypt, decrypt, store, send and work with individual files.
In order to use AxCrypt you will need to create an account.
A key length of 128 bits is sufficient in most cases, except where rules and regulations or personal preference stipulate a higher level. AxCrypt Premium offers 256-bit encryption which is the strongest standardized encryption available, and is used for secret and top secret information all over the world.
Easy to work with
Keeping your files secured should not be difficult and AxCrypt makes it easier than ever to do so. Open, edit and share a secured file directly with double-click.
Cloud storage awareness
AxCrypt will automatically find what Cloud Storage services are installed on your computer and create an AxCrypt folder there. We make it easy for you to automatically view and keep the files secured on these folders.
Sharing a secured file is made directly from the AxCrypt software by choosing the secured file, click the share button and simply select the team member you want to share it to. The recipient just needs a free AxCrypt ID and will be automatically invited via email if necessary. The invitation email contains instructions on how to view and edit the file.
You can store all your passwords and codes online in a secure manner using the password management feature.
AxCrypt secures files, individually. However, you can designate folders as ‘secured’. The folders will be monitored for new files, and AxCrypt will secure all new files with a single click, or when you sign out.
You can also select multiple files, including all files in a folder, to be secured in a single operation. They still remain individual files, and the folder itself is not secured, just the files in it.
AxCrypt speaks English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Russian and more to come.
- Small download.
- No options and simple user interface, with Windows Explorer integration.
- Fast download and uploads
- Intelligent optional compression.
- Passwords are remembered in a session.
- Only uses well-researched cryptographic algorithms and modes of operation.
- Secured files cannot be modified without detection.
- Automatic update of the secured file after open and save.
- Shredding of all temporary and encrypted plaintext files.
- Support for files larger than 4GB.
- Retains original file name and information of a secured file.
- Safe removal of files.
- tDynamic brute force counter measure – iterative password wrapping making attacks even harder.
- Extensive command-line interface for scripting and programming.
- Open source under GNU General Public License.
- User support via e-mail, forum and second level support via chat.
- Windows compatible: Windows Vista/2008/7/8/10 32- and 64-bit compatible.
- MacOS compatible: OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or later.
- Mobile App: Android 4.0.3 or later, iOS 8.0 or later.
- #186: Add option to disable recent files
- #242: Upgrade to latest NUnit
- #374: Update copyright year in about
- #459: Downgrade encryption level when updating document on Free plan
- #465 : Key share icon should use the selected files in the recent files list
- #53: Translations and Texts Maintenance
- #61: Code Maintenance
Changes in common code that may, or may not, affect this version.
- AXC-10: Add in-app purchases to iOS app
- AXC-62: Configure new subscriptions in Stripe
- AXC-72: Add a link from desktop apps to open the account web to handle account changes
- AXC-63: Configure new subscriptions in PayPal