A Better Finder Rename allows users to quickly renamemultiple files. This powerful, yet easy-to-use utility transforms the often tedious and time-consuming task of renaming multiplefiles into a simple matter of seconds.
“A Better Finder Rename” is ideally suited for Macintosh webmasters, users who need totransfer files from Windows or UNIX as well as for all other Macintosh users who deal with large numbers of files.
A Better Finder Rename is the most comprehensive file renaming solution for the Macintosh and transforms the tedious and time-consuming task of renaming multiple files into a simple matter of seconds.
The new version is the result of 10 years of listening to our customers in the digital photography, post-production and content creation domains.
The simple, easy-to-use interface makes it accessible to anyone, but hides an abundance of powerful renaming options.
A Better Finder Rename is the preferred renaming tool of many professional and amateur photographers and has over time grown an impressive array of features dedicated to manipulating sequence numbers (create sequence number lists, add and insert sequence numbers, pad them with 0s, add & substract from the existing numbers) and adding shooting dates & times to picture names.
In these operations you can exploit the shooting date & time extracted from the industry-standard EXIF digital camera meta-data stored in your JPEG, CRW, CR2 or NEF pictures.
Starting with version 7.0, you can combine several rename actions into a multi-step rename. This allows you to perform even the most complex renaming jobs in a single pass.
A Better Finder Rename allows you to create as many rename steps as you require and lets you edit and re-arrange them at will.
- New User Interface
- fully resizable single window with larger preview area
- renaming actions are now organized into 7 intuitive categories
- countless incremental improvements
- Save-able Presets
- save your current settings to a preset
- restore them with a single click
- New Renaming Engine
- is now database-backed for larger renames and more advanced features
- automatically resolves file name conflicts by inserting configurable distinguishers at the end of conflicting file names
- previews all files that will be renamed (no longer limited to 250 items)
- fully multi-threaded means that the UI never blocks even when previewing or renaming large renaming jobs
- optimizes the order in which items are renamed so as to avoid “deadlocks” (i.e. situations where one file can’t be renamed because a previous file has not yet been renamed)
- extensive progress information is provided at each stage (no more beach balling)
- Automatic Software Updates via Sparkle